Wednesday 27 August 2014

Meshwork update


This image was sent to me yesterday from a student who attended Saturday's class. I think she has the "bug".  For more inspirational patterns check out these meshwork books.  Unfortunately I have just heard today (3 September) that these books are no-longer in print - so if you do come across one of these books - make sure you buy them - maybe your only chance.


We did have a problem with the clover fusible tape and a couple of batiks.  Some batiks have a residue on the surface.  I'm pretty sure that this maybe the reason the fusible tape would not iron onto it.  I have also noticed this problem with fabrics containing a metallic or painted surface.

If using batiks for your meshwork then I recommend that you pre-wash them and do a test strip with your tape before cutting more strips.

Enjoy the rest of your week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to read your comment. Dont' be shy, please write me a few words. Shirls