Wednesday 5 November 2014

Cartoonify your friends

I was fortunate to attend a class by Camilla Watson called Cartoonify your friends last Saturday.

 Camilla is a wonderful and very clever tutor.  Here is a sample of one of her quilts exhibited at the NZ Quilt Symposium at Taupo 2013


When it comes to faces - she is very clever.  Please visit Camilla's website:  healyourlife.co.nz

So when Coastal Quilters advertised that she was running a class - I made sure I could attend.

The objective is to cartoonify friends or family.  I found it quite tough drawing the faces in my piece.  Camilla asked if I was emotionally attached to my subjects.  True, I am so this explained the difficulty I was having.

Here is my current progress.


Photograph taken several years ago of my Uncle, Aunt, my Brother and myself
I have drawn cartoon characters of my Uncle and Aunt.
This piece will be their Christmas Gift this year.  Lol - No my Aunt doesn't have
a beard - I had a lot of trouble with the chin.
I have chosen the wrong side of this Kiwiana Koru fabric
as the background to embroider on.
Beginning of embroidering.
I will post the finished wall hanging when its complete.

Great fun class, bit emotional but once I had their faces drawn it came together quickly.

25th of February 2015. I've just realised that I hadn't posted my completed piece from attending this class.
It's a cushion - hadn't been stuffed at the stage I took this photo before Christmas.
Shirls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to read your comment. Dont' be shy, please write me a few words. Shirls