Monday 29 June 2015

My current Project


I belong to a facebook page called  Millefiori - La Passacaglia.  This world wide group is named after the last quilt in book one Millefiori Quilts by Willyne Hammerstein.  I have written a previous post about her books and these quilts.  Willyne has injected excitement and interest back into English Paper Piecing (EPP) and for this I would like to thank her.  So using Willyne's ideas from both her books, I am making my first EPP whole quilt.  Here is my progress on my design wall.


Still a very long way to go, and so much fun.  It won't be a millefori using only three colours but it will still create mini kaleidoscopes.

Joan (one of our regular customers) brought her latest project for show n tell today at work.  The jersey is knitted in black tekapo yarn and she has embellished it with a strand of  "French Knitting".  The fun part about this is the story - its for her granddaughter and the French knitting was made by her daughter when she was a child.
Notice the buttons that secure the start and end of the French knitting strand.

front

back
Very cool.



1 comment:

  1. Very nice Shirely - great progress. Molli Sparkles has included a photo of a la passacaglia in his latest post here. http://www.mollisparkles.com/2015/06/sydney-craft-quilt-fair-2015-my-faves.html

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comment. Dont' be shy, please write me a few words. Shirls